Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Practice Blog Post

- My name, where I'm from, major
- interests 
- how I ended up at USA 
- about my family 
-why I am interested in education 
-what an educators work entails in the 21st century 
-My passion in a picture
-what I do best, what I like to do, what I want to get better at 
-interesting/important facts about me


Hi! My name is Victoria Hudson but I go by Tori. I'm from Spanish Fort, Alabama and I'm majoring in elementary education. I went to the University of Alabama my freshman and sophomore year but I transferred back home for my junior year because I missed being home and close to the water. I love Tuscaloosa but I would rather visit there than live there! My family has a beach house on Dauphin Island and we go there as often as we can to relax, paddle board, and mostly to fish. 
I was not always in the field of education. While I was at UA, I was going on a route to pursue a career in physical therapy but I was not %100 sure that was what I wanted to do. Once I transferred home, I had an opportunity to work at the YMCA for summer camp working with kids. After my first week, I was very sure I wanted to continue working with kids and that is when I talked to an advisor and was certain that is what I wanted to do. In the 21st century, I believe an educator's work entails overall to teach children information they need to grow and better themselves for the future. 
Source: photo by Tori Hudson

My favorite thing to do is to be on the water or on the boat. I love to fish and participate in water sports or kayaking etc. I'm pretty awful at wake boarding though and would love to get better at it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment